New configuration of proven Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) shatters the line of sight barrier for small unmanned aircraft
NATIONAL HARBOR, Md., September 17, 2018 – Surrounded by a crowd of defense journalists at the Air Force Association’s annual Air, Space and Cyber Conference, Insitu leadership today announced Integrator Extended Range, a beyond line of sight, SATCOM-enabled small UAS capable of ranging modern combat theaters. The system delivers Group 4 and 5 capabilities in a Group 3 aircraft including:
• Extended range operations of 10 hours time on station at 200 nm and six hours at 300 nm.
• High quality, full motion video on par with current ISR systems while flying at acoustically and visually undetectable altitudes.
• Significantly reduced cost compared with contracted medium-altitude unmanned systems in operation today.
• Bandwidth throughput up to 10 megabits per second with a less than 1.5 second latency.
• Modularity for easy integration of multiple payloads, including EW and SIGINT.
• Significantly reduced manpower footprint for operations; the system can be operated by a team of 12 operators, maintainers and mission commanders.
• More secure, jam-resistant networks than traditional unmanned systems in use today due to improvements in commercial communication satellite technInsitu Announces Integrator Extended Range