The United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) invites you to attend the Optical Dominance Industry Day at John Hopkins University’s Applied Physics Laboratory (JHU/APL) on 14 November 2018. This Meeting will be conducted in partnership with the Department of Defense Rapid Reaction Technology (RRTO) Innovation Outreach Program.
USSOCOM is interested in improvements and enhancements to visual augmentation systems (VAS) and related auxiliary technologies. This also includes Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) solutions for Head’s Up Displays (HUD) and fusion of disparate data sources into a common visual display.
This is the second part in a three part process. Phase 1 resulted in the identification of needs in the following categories that were released to industry. (The title of the Special Notice is “SOCOM Needs Statement – RRTO-20181029-W-OPT-TTX”)
The Need Statement’s topics include:
• Heads Up Display (HUD)
• Augmented/Virtual Reality and Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
• Enhanced Optical Characteristics
• Integrated Helmet
• Multi-Sensor Data Fusion and Processing
• Interoperable Targeting and Designation Capabilities
• Small Battery/Power Sources
• Smart Fabric and Sensors
Phase 2 is the Industry Day with industry vendors to discuss the details of the Needs to inform their responses to the Special Notice.Phase 3 will be conducted as a Technology Review of a subset of the industry responses to the Special Notice.
Optical Dominance Industry Day provides selected innovative companies with an opportunity to make short technical presentations to government representatives about their technologies and products. There is potential that companies may be selected for pilot projects or experimentation if their technology appears to match the USSOCOM needs posted in the Special Notice.
LOCATION: JHU/APL CAC facility in Laurel, MD
DATE: 14 November 2018
REGISTRATION: You must register at https://events.jhuapl.edu/OPT-TTX
CLEARANCE Passing Details: JHU/APL Incoming Visitor Control will receive visit notifications either via fax at (240) 228-6400 or via JPAS, the Department of Defense database, using the JHU/APL JPAS SMO Code 888984. Voice confirmation may be obtained by contacting JHU/APL Visitor Control at (240) 228-5661.
If sending by fax the visitor’s facility security office should provide the information below on organizational letterhead verifying that the visitor holds a DoD security clearance:
1. Facility’s name, address, telephone number, Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code, if applicable, and certification of the level of the facility security clearance;
2. Name, date and place of birth, citizenship, and SSN of the employee intending to visit;
3. Certification of the proposed visitor’s PCL and any special access authorizations required for the visit;
4. Name of person(s) to be visited; (use Lindsay Frisvold)
5. Purpose of the visit;
6. Date or period during which the visit request is to be valid; and
7. Security Office signature.
Please make sure your security office has listed your clearance level (Indoctrinate) in JPAS and the organization that holds your clearance has put their information on the JPAS record.
Please contact Amber DeMoura at 240-228-4667 or Amber.DeMoura@jhuapl.edu or Lindsay Frisvold at 240‐228‐1795 or Lindsay.Frisvold@jhuapl.edu with any additional questions.