Industry Day Notice – Medium Caliber Industry Day
Solicitation Number: W15QKN-19-Z-05MW
Office: Army Contracting Command
Mar 07, 2019
Solicitation Number: W15QKN-19-Z-05MW
The U.S. Army Contracting Command, New Jersey (ACC-NJ) on behalf of the Office of the Project Manager, Maneuver Ammunition Systems (OPM-MAS), will be hosting a Medium Caliber Industry Day. The Industry Day is scheduled to start at 8:30 AM (ET) during 7-8 MAY 2019 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Rockaway, NJ, with onsite registration beginning at 8:00 AM. The purpose of this Industry Day is to provide information regarding the current and future projects overseen by the Product Manager for Medium Caliber Ammunition, including development programs ranging from 20mm to 50mm and the production of 40mm High Velocity (HV), Target Practice Day/Night/ Thermal (TP-D/N/T) M918E1.
This announcement should not be construed as a Request for Proposal (RFP) or a commitment by the U.S. Government. The U.S. Government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this Industry Day. The information obtained from will be utilized for market research purposes.
Interested participants must pre-register for Industry Day by completing the registration form attached to this announcement no later than (NLT) 19 APRIL 2019. All representatives MUST provide a Government form of photo identification at registration. Please send the completed registration form electronically to Ms. Laura Mackie at email@example.com and Ms. Laura Burgos-Magidson at firstname.lastname@example.org NLT 19 APRIL 2019. Please title your email as follows: Response to Notice W15QKN-19-Z-05MW; Your Company’s Name. Please note, telephone inquiries will not be accepted.
If the participant attending the Industry Day is a foreign visitor, a Foreign Visitor Request (FVR) must be filled out and submitted on the corporate letterhead of the company requesting access no later than 29 MARCH 2019. Please use the attached example of the FVR as a guide for when submitting this request. The letterhead must include a physical corporate address, post office boxes will not be accepted, and be signed by a corporate officer: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or Vice President (VP) (Note: FVR’s signed by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will not be accepted). Also, the person signing the FVR cannot also be listed as a visitor.
A block of 100 rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway are available on a first-come, first-served basis. To receive the United States Government (USG) per diem rate, you must reserve using Group Code: MCRDTE and the below link NLT 6 APRIL 2019.
Industry Day will consist of the following (2) parts:
1) General session: The general session will be conducted at the Hilton Garden Inn, Rockaway, NJ on 7 MAY 2019, to cover all Medium Caliber projects being planned by the Medium Caliber Office. A draft agenda for the general sessions are attached to this notice. All information exchanged during the General Session will be DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT A: Approved for public release.
2) One-on-One session: The one-on-one session for the Medium Caliber programs will be conducted on 8 MAY 2019 at the Hilton Garden Inn, Rockaway, NJ. For planning purposes, each session shall not exceed 30 minutes for each company. Companies interested in conducting one-on-ones must indicate which programs they are interested in attending on the attached registration form. After the registration deadline closes on 19 APRIL 2019, a schedule for the one-on-ones will be developed and sent to each company.
Please note that all questions and answers will be posted publically and information will NOT be treated as proprietary, unless specifically stated otherwise with the appropriate justification provided. Please be aware that keeping good ideas or solutions as proprietary may preclude them from being incorporated into the solicitation.
The following are the Medium Caliber Industry Day Rules of Engagement (RoE):
- The Government intends to use this forum to better refine its requirements, not to elicit trade secrets.
- No sales pitches allowed from industry; no give-aways.
- No cameras, tape recorders, or other reproduction devices are allowed.
- Total time allotted for the contractor’s one-on-one session is thirty minutes. Under no circumstances will the allotted time be extended.
- Restrict comments/questions to the topics listed in this forum.
- The Government will publish answers to questions asked during the 1-on-1’s at the conclusion of the Industry Day event.
- Contractor personnel must be identified in advance, and only advance substitutions (2 days in advance notice) will be permitted. Please note: Non U.S. Citizens require special pre-registration approval and will not be able to be substituted.
The Government will not pay for any costs incurred as a result of this Special Notice, to include costs associated with attending the Industry Day, nor will respondents be notified of the review of the information received.
Contracting Office Address:
BUILDING 10 PHIPPS RD, PICATINNY ARSENAL , New Jersey 07806-5000
Primary Point of Contact:
Laura E. Burgos-Magidson, Contract Specialist