NDIA-Michigan Chapter will virtually host the Ground Vehicle Systems Engineering and Technology Symposium (GVSETS) & Advanced Planning Briefings for Industry (APBI) from 3-5 November 2020.
The goal of the NDIA-Michigan GVSETS & APBI is to provide industry with networking opportunities for both large and small businesses. The three-day event brings together Defense Executives, Program Managers, Engineers, and other Key Decision-Makers to discuss initiatives, programs, plans, and innovative technical solutions for manned and unmanned ground systems.
This unique opportunity helps chart the course and contribute to the future success of our nation’s Warfighters. Additionally, GVSETS & APBI will identify potential contracting opportunities that are aligned with the roadmaps of each respective organization, specifically focusing on Fiscal Years 2021–2022. The GVSETS & APBI slides are anticipated to be posted electronically at the start of the event. The Government will not hear formal bids from industry, as the purpose of the GVSETS & APBI is for the Government to brief upcoming opportunities to industry to help it better understand Army capability requirements and shape its internal development efforts.
The format for the three-day training is as listed:
- Tuesday, November 3 – Technical Sessions
- Wednesday, November 4 – Main Session
- Thursday, November 5 – TACOM LCMC APBI (half-day) Session
Keynote speakers are:
- MG John George, Commanding General, U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command– CCDC has the mission to provide innovative research, development and engineering to produce capabilities that provide decisive overmatch to the Army against the complexities of the current and future operating environments in support of the Joint Warfighter and the Nation.
- Ms. Lisa Adams, Deputy to the Commanding General Army Materiel Command is responsible for materiel life cycle management, acquisition support, personnel and resource management, industrial base operations and enterprise integration.
- Mr. Christian Brose is the Chief Strategy Officer of Anduril Industries, Author of the Kill Chain, and former Senate Armed Services Committee Staff Director.
DoD Presenters and Panellists from:
- Army Futures Command
- Army Materiel Command
- Assistant Secretary of the Army (ASA) for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology (ALT)
- Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM) Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC)
- Combat Capabilities and Development Command (CCDC)
- Army Program Executive Offices (PEOs)
- Technical experts from the Government, Industry and Academia
2020 Technical Session Topics:
- Autonomy, Artificial Intelligence & Robotics (AAIR)
- Modelling Simulation and Software (MS2)
- Vehicle Electronics and Architecture (VEA) & Cyber
For additional information regarding GVSETS & APBI, please contact email@example.com.
Information regarding registration can be viewed at: http://www.ndia-mich.org/events/gvsets
POC is Ms. Leslie Wilson-Smith, TACOM-CMO Office, firstname.lastname@example.org or 586-216-6690 .