The Department of Defense’s (DoD) Rapid Reaction Technology Office (RRTO) will conduct a Virtual Solutions Meeting in Fall 2021. The meeting provides selected innovative companies with an opportunity to make short technical presentations to Government representatives about their technologies. There is a potential for companies to be selected for pilot prototyping, demonstration, or experimentation for the most compelling solutions.
RRTO is looking for highly innovative technologies that have the potential to provide leap-ahead capabilities against near-peer adversaries and fill gaps in critical joint mission needs no later than 2028. RRTO is focused on technologies within the DoD modernization areas.
Solutions are expected to derive from companies’ internal research and development (IR&D) or other research efforts and suitable for maturation through DoD prototyping funding, but not mature enough to be Commercial Off-the-Shelf products. Technologies for consideration in this needs statement are expected to be at the Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 3 (demonstrated proof of concept) or TRL 4 (laboratory validation) stage. Prototype development for selected technologies will result in a capability at the TRL 6+ (relevant environment demonstration) level and will be dependent upon a negotiated transition agreement with an interested Service or DoD Agency, which will be sponsored RRTO. Note that the areas below are purposefully broad to allow companies to submit their most compelling and innovative technologies.
The DoD Modernization Areas are:
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Directed Energy
- Fully Networked Command, Communication, and Control (FNC3)
- Other Disruptive Technologies
Companies interested in participating in the Solutions Meeting should submit one (1) application to RRTO Innovation via e-mail to email@example.com.
Only 1 application is permitted per company, NOT 1 application per topic area or company business unit. The following information is required in the application. All application information should only be contained in the body of the email. No attachments are allowed.
- Email subject line “2021 Global Solutions Meeting Application”
- Company name
- Website address
- POC, email, phone number and an alternate POC if desired
- A succinct single paragraph description (100 words or less in length and no bullets) of the technology that the company plans to discuss if they are selected to present at the Solutions Meeting. This description must focus on the technology and the envisioned use of that technology, and not a description of the company. Do not include a description of the
company, hyperlinks, bulleted text, or graphics.
- Identify the one modernization area that the technology most appropriately fits. Do not list multiple modernization or interest areas.
All applications must be received on or before 5:00 PM EDT, 21 April, 2021.
Submission of an application does not guarantee an invitation to the Solutions Meeting. An invitation to the Solutions Meeting does not guarantee funding. Selected companies are responsible for their travel and all other expenses associated with participation in the 2021 Global Solutions Meeting.