COMDEF 2021 – Accelerating Capability and Resilience, will be an on-line event.
The agenda is here – https://ideea.com/comdef21/
Registration is here – https://ideea.com/comdef21/registration.htm
The new Administration defense focus is on near peer competition as well as R&D, defense industrial capability rebuilding, infrastructure improvements, climate change, human rights, Covid recovery, and equity. What new acquisition approaches should be expected? Will these approaches be legislated? How will these impact older defense programs? What programs are likely to be impacted? What will be the outlook for the Defense Budget?
- What strategies will be given emphasis in exporting? Which agencies will be given more authority?
- What will be the impact of the new Buy American Executive Orders? How will these dovetail efforts to utilize allied defense industrial bases? What domestic and foreign candidates are there for future international cooperative programs?
- How fast will industry adjust to the new realities? Will there be a frenzy of mergers and acquisitions? What will the Administration’s stance be on M&A in the defense sector?
- Will defense industry quickly integrate commercial technology into their offerings? What role will commercial firms play in defense to speed up the technology refresh?
- What new procurement approaches will be tested to bring in commercial/non traditional entities?
How will NATO adjust to evolving imperatives?
- Can NATO rise to the challenge?
- What changes are needed? Will the Artic play an outsize role? A changed security situation in Europe, in particular in the Baltic Sea area, have created new challenges and operating environments.
- Will the evolving situation in Europe impact US Pacific efforts?
- Future operating environments – Space and Cyber
- How will Space and Cyber shape the future defense posture?
- How can Cyber be made more resilient? What is the future for CMMI? How will international supply chains shape the response?
- Where are the low hanging fruit of cooperation and capability?
- Will Exportability be baked into security cooperation? Where should friends and allies invest their capability? In what technologies and capabilities should governments invest? What will be the impact of cancelled programs on arms exports? How can industry partner internationally for success?
- How potent are existing and envisaged export control regimes? Are major changes needed?
Government and industry representatives from more than 35 countries will be participating. Over 30 speakers will provide their insight and perspectives. Network with Government and industry leaders from all US Services and Agencies at this premier international event held online this year.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Government/Services Acquisition community
- Government Industrial policy staff
- Government/Services international agreements staff
- Government/Services FMS staff
- Government/Services R&D community
- Embassy officials
- Defense Cooperation Attaches
- Service Attaches
- Industry government relations executives
- Industry business development executives
- Industry sales and marketing executives
- Industry Offset and Countertrade executives
- Industry merger and acquisition staff
- Aviation and defense financial analysts
- Think Tanks
- Defense media
- Hill Staffers